Monday, August 3, 2009

Old guy shows us his snorkel...





I have obviously been hanging around Katy too long because on Wednesday I dragged Jessica on a coastal walk to a beach on the other side of the national park. It was a good day for a walk because it was kind of overcast so laying out on the beach would have been pointless.

The beach I wanted to walk to was called Alexandria Bay and according to Lonely Planet, had the "best sand" in Noosa. The walk to the beach was along the coast and through the national park. It reminded me a lot of the coastal walk in Bondi. We took our time and when we got to the beach, just hung out and took pictures and wrote words in the sand. Since it was overcast, the beach was pretty deserted, but I did notice an old guy snorkeling by the rocks. Seemed normal enough until he got out of the water, came a little closer and I could see that his snorkel mask was the only thing he was wearing. He took his mask off and bent over to clean it, did some stretching, took some long strides up the beach...normal naked beach activities. Then of course, since Jessica and I are super mature, we started taking pictures of each other with naked old guy in the background. I'm guessing he either noticed this and liked it (eww) or just wanted to be super helpful, cause he came right over and asked if we would like him to take a picture of us. Of course we would! We were doing pretty well not laughing and acting normal until he crouched down to get a better angle...then we were pretty much done.

Old naked guy turned out to be really nice, and who are we to judge him for enjoying a little naked time on a public beach? I feel like I should do a Budweiser salute to him or something. What happened to those commercials anyway? They were the best.

That night we ordered a seafood tower for dinner. It was so tall we couldn't even see each other. We had to peak through the spaces in the tower in order to talk. Slightly excessive but overall good.


**UGHH uploading pictures isn't working now...I'll try again later

No comments:

Post a Comment