




The day after the boat trip, Katy still wasn't feeling good so Jess and I had eggs benedict like always and then decided to take a walk to find this restaurant that I read about in Lonely Planet. The book went on and on about how good it was and how it was their favorite restaurant in town, blah blah blah...and it was Australian cuisine so I thought it might have kangaroo and emu for Jessica to try. I sort of knew where it was, or at least which direction to walk, but we asked a couple different people who worked in the shops near by if they knew where it was. Neither of them were exactly sure but they thought it was a couple kilometers down the road so we started walking. And we kept walking and walking and asking people and walking. Finally we were in a grassy feild and decided to turn around. We stopped one more place on the way back and of course she knew where it was, it was really good but it shut down a long time ago. Awesome. This was NOT the first time Lonely Planet has done this to me. "Supposedly" they update their books every year but I have found more than a few instances when they haven't. When I get home and am unemployed with tons of time on my hands, I'm going to write them a long letter pointing out all their mistakes.
The next day was a big day because we were going skydiving!!! We picked the afternoon time so we could sleep in, but still woke up at a decent time so we could eat our daily eggs benedict early enough so we didn't barf all over our tandem buddies AND so we could have a couple little drinks to calm our nerves so we would REALLY want to jump out of the plane. After about 3 blueberry mojitos, we were quite excited about jumping. All that was left to do was check with the front desk and make sure we didn't have any messages from the skydiving people. Turns out, we did have a message and the message was that we couldn't go cause it was too windy! We were sooooooo sad. We spent the rest of the afternoon pouting because we were all ready to do it and cause we were half in the bag with nowhere to go. We rebooked for the next morning and tried to be excited about it again.
Conditions were good the next day so we were all set to jump out of the plane. But the bar didn't open until noon so we were forced to be all the way scared. The skydive people picked us up and took us out to the airport to get ready. Although they weren't required, we picked out awesome colorful jumpsuits to wear when we jumped. Then we met our tandem partners, Pauly and Dawsey, and they went over what would happen when we got up there. The plane we went up in was so small that it couldn't have fit one more person besides the four of us. I actually kind of wanted to jump out it rather than be flying in it. Of course the skydiving guys said the same stuff the bungy jump guys did; "We've only had a couple drinks today...I've done this at least 2 other times...What do these clips do?" Haha...not. Our jump was from 12,000 ft so we had about 45 seconds of freefall before the parachute. I went first...I kind of dangled on the edge of the plane for a couple seconds before he flung us all the way out. Once I jumped I wasn't scared at all anymore because it doesn't even seem real. It just feels like you're floating instead of falling. It was also A LOT different from bungy jumping...more than I expected it to be. And because of that, I can't really say which one I liked better. But overall it was awesome, worth the money, and if you've been thinking about doing it even a little bit, you should!
No comments:
Post a Comment