


Still here at the campsite...eating a Cadbury Cream Egg and drinking a beer. Katy and I found this really good beer called Radler. It's a medium dark lager with a little bit of a citrus taste.
Sooo last night was the first night sleeping in the van. It would have been fine except Katy snored the entire night. I don't know if it wasn't properly ventilated or what, but it was awful. I'll just have to get some ear plugs in the next town we're in. Other than that, it was fine. It gets pretty cold at night so we didn't have to worry about being hot. It just sucks because we're kind of the "trashy" people at this campsite. Everyone else has fancy campers or RVs with formal dining rooms and offices and about a million other nooks that pop out of nowhere to make up their camping mansions. Oh well.
Today we went over to a couple other beaches nearby. One was a horseshoe shaped bay with really calm water...kind of daker sand but completely clear blue water. As we were walking up this beach, one of those big fuzzy bumble bees landed on Katy's shirt. (This wasn't our first encounter with bees...the other day one flew in the window while I was driving and landed on my lap. hink Tommy Boy with the deer in the car. They come out of nowhere.) Anyway, so I said, "Katy you have a bee on you." I brushed it off for her with my towel and we kept walking. "Katy, the bee is on you again." I brushed it off again with my towel and we kept walking...well, it was following Katy so she started running away from it. So she's running down the beach with the big giant bee flying about 2 ft behind her. It might have been the funniest thing I've ever see it. And no, I didn't help her, I just laughed at her. But I did suggest that she take her shirt off because it obviously liked her white shirt. She took off her shirt really fast, balled it up and we both ran away.
The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. We went to the other beach which had white sand instead of regular sand. I don't really understand how a beach that's right down the road can look completely differnent. We were also the only ones on the entire beach...which wasn't surprising since New Zealand has a population of like 30. AND most of them live in the North Island where we are right now. Last night we were talking to some European guy at our campsite and he said that if we really want to see scenery and a sparse population then go to the South Island. Umm, what? I'm pretty sure I'm in the most beautiful place I've ever been and there are no people around. I'm confused...but also excited to see what "good scenery and no people" looks like.
Sooo last night was the first night sleeping in the van. It would have been fine except Katy snored the entire night. I don't know if it wasn't properly ventilated or what, but it was awful. I'll just have to get some ear plugs in the next town we're in. Other than that, it was fine. It gets pretty cold at night so we didn't have to worry about being hot. It just sucks because we're kind of the "trashy" people at this campsite. Everyone else has fancy campers or RVs with formal dining rooms and offices and about a million other nooks that pop out of nowhere to make up their camping mansions. Oh well.
Today we went over to a couple other beaches nearby. One was a horseshoe shaped bay with really calm water...kind of daker sand but completely clear blue water. As we were walking up this beach, one of those big fuzzy bumble bees landed on Katy's shirt. (This wasn't our first encounter with bees...the other day one flew in the window while I was driving and landed on my lap. hink Tommy Boy with the deer in the car. They come out of nowhere.) Anyway, so I said, "Katy you have a bee on you." I brushed it off for her with my towel and we kept walking. "Katy, the bee is on you again." I brushed it off again with my towel and we kept walking...well, it was following Katy so she started running away from it. So she's running down the beach with the big giant bee flying about 2 ft behind her. It might have been the funniest thing I've ever see it. And no, I didn't help her, I just laughed at her. But I did suggest that she take her shirt off because it obviously liked her white shirt. She took off her shirt really fast, balled it up and we both ran away.
The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. We went to the other beach which had white sand instead of regular sand. I don't really understand how a beach that's right down the road can look completely differnent. We were also the only ones on the entire beach...which wasn't surprising since New Zealand has a population of like 30. AND most of them live in the North Island where we are right now. Last night we were talking to some European guy at our campsite and he said that if we really want to see scenery and a sparse population then go to the South Island. Umm, what? I'm pretty sure I'm in the most beautiful place I've ever been and there are no people around. I'm confused...but also excited to see what "good scenery and no people" looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment