Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm cold and bored and want to go where it's sunny.






It’s still cold and boring here. Friday we ran/walked around the botanical gardens. But of course it’s winter so there aren’t any flowers to look at. Then we went to see I Love You, Man which was pretty good. It’s hard to find movies we want to see here since Star Trek and Angels & Demons have taken over all the theaters. Blah.

Saturday we walked over to Target where I bought a yoga mat to hopefully entertain myself with. That was it for that day.

Sunday was actually a pretty busy day for us. We got up at a decent hour (aka before 11) and took the bus over to St. Kilda to check out their weekend markets. St. Kilda is Melbourne’s beach area. I may be biased, but Bondi is much much better. The markets were nice. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of going to weekend markets because they’re all so different. The only downside is the stuff I want to buy is either huge, breakable or huge and breakable. Like this time there was a lady selling these really cool chests made out of tree trunks. But there’s no way I’m carrying a wooden chest around with me and I can’t afford to send it home. Too bad.

When we got back from St. Kilda, we noticed a large group of people chanting in the middle of a really busy intersection. Apparently some sort of protest was scheduled and it was in the middle of the way back to our hostel. We didn’t feel like fighting through the crowds, so we went to the casino instead. I won $30! The protest of was still going on when we got back, and actually continued through the night, so we went back anyway.

Monday we literally did nothing. I think I went to get coffee and that was it. Sooo yeah, 4 ½ more days here. Might go back to the casino, maybe see another movie…I don’t know, I don’t know if we’ll have time.

1 comment:

  1. damn, sorry youre bored. whats the schedule after Melbourne? when do you come home, august? k, im gonna get back to work. try not to get too bored. while i get back to work. :)

    ReplyDelete