On Monday, Katy’s parents rented a van and we drove Great Ocean Road, a section of highway west of Melbourne that goes along the coast. The weather wasn’t all that great, it was colder and kind of rainy, but the views were still good. For lunch we stopped at a country club that is famous for having golf games interrupted by kangaroos. The restaurant is all windows so we got to watch kangaroos hopping around the golf course while we ate. They’re probably all brain damaged from getting hit in the head with golf balls all day. We only saw about 4 or 5 while we ate, but when we were driving back to the highway, there was a group of about 30 of them on the fairway.
There were plenty of scenic look-outs along the way but we didn’t stop at all of them because of the weather. We did stop along a side street to go find koalas up in the eucalyptus trees. There were quite a few up in the trees and almost all of them were sleeping. They sleep like 19 hours a day or something.
Our last stop for the day was at the Twelve Apostles which are a bunch of rock formations all in a row out on the water. There are actually only about 9 of them left because of erosion…and probably global warming. Its always global warming’s fault. We didn’t stay that long because it was really cold, but they were pretty.
The next day we went on a tree top walk through the rainforest and then out to the Triplett waterfall. The drive back seemed A LOT longer than the drive there.
Katy’s family left early this morning. We got up to say goodbye to them and then stayed in our hotel room every last second we could before we were banished back to the hostel. I have a feeling the next week and half will be verrrrrrry boring. It’s getting pretty cold and I just sent home all my warm clothes with the Daniels (I’m down to just my backpack and small carryon! Yes!) so going outside for any length of time is pretty much out. Melbourne is ok but there really isn’t all that much to see. Soooo yeah, not sure what I’ll be doing the rest of the time here. I’m SO ready to go up north where it’s warm. If anyone wants to pay to me do their busy work or write paper or something, send it over…I have nothing better to do.
Oh but I did get my first nude modeling offer today in an elevator. You get paid $800 flat and they were like “don’t worry, it’s for an American website so no one you know will see it”…Katy and I were like, umm we ARE American. Hopefully I won’t get THAT bored this week.
***no pictures this time because the uploader thing keeps giving me error messages and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore. I will post them as soon as it starts working. UGH
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment